Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How Boys Pray

Finnian:  "Mommy, how do boys pray?"

Me:  "In the name of the Father, and..."

Finnian (interrupting):  "I mean, how do boys pray?"

Me:  "They pray, 'In the...'"

Finnian (interrupting again):  "I asked, how do boys pray?"

Me:  "I don't know what you are trying to ask."

Brendan:  "I think that he wants to know how Fr. Saguto and the altar boys pray."

Me:  "Oh, boys pray, 'In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.'"

Finnian:  "Yes, that's how boys pray!  Can you teach me to pray like that?"

I proceeded to have Finnian repeat the Sign of the Cross in Latin.  He did so nicely.

3 comments:

  1. You know I just adore this....dontcha delight in hearing little ones pray in latin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do delight in hearing them pray in Latin!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...