Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pondering


“We have placed in our care for a few short years precious immortal souls who belong to God, whose destiny is an eternity in and with God, and who depend entirely upon us for the formation of a way of life which will lead them surely to God. And woe to us if we fail in this charge.”
We and Our Children by Mary Reed Newland*

As a new homeschooling year begins, I am pondering this quote. I am looking forward to falling into a flexible routine once again. I am hoping that doing so will help my younger children who have been testing the waters lately. I know that I need to teach them to "swim" not just for my sanity, but for their well being.

*We and Our Children was republished by Sophia Institute Press as How to Raise Good Catholic Children. While I prefer the quality of Sophia Institute Press' republication, which I purchased several years ago, I like the fact that Angelico Press reprinted We and Our Children in its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...