Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Saturday, March 07, 2009

First Friday

I am still thinking about First Friday. It was a truly wonderful day! We arrived a couple of minutes late for Mass, due to road construction, but the children behaved fairly well. I was actually able to stay in the church with my two youngest until after the sermon. When we went up to receive Communion, Finnian knelt down (usually, he attempts to go under the altar rail). The secret to keeping my youngest son quiet was a wonderful little book (if you are a fellow parishioner and expecting a baby, please don't buy it, as your baby will be getting it as a gift).

After Mass, we went to Costco, causing me to contemplate writing a thank you to them for their meatless food samples. The children basically ate a late, light lunch, as I picked up what we needed. It was perfect because I had not thought about packing something for them to eat after Mass. I do have to admit that I declined several samples because I felt a little bit self conscious.

As I was putting the groceries in the van, a lady came up to me, introduced herself as Angela, and asked me, "Are you a homeschooler." When I responded, "Yes", she went on to tell me that she homeschooled, was the mother of seven, her youngest was eleven, she loved her teenagers, and that homeschooling was the best thing that I could do for my children. The children and I arrived home, four hours after I had left, feeling completely refreshed and thankful for a wonderful day. Thank you, God, for a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...