Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

My grandpa was a humorous, intelligent, and loving man. I have some wonderful memories of the time that I spent with him and my granny in Switzerland. Delicious meals were a large part of our visits. If we weren't eating at a restaurant, then sumptuous, healthy (my granny provided the treats) lunches were prepared by this excellent chef, Grandpa, and shared at my grandparents' large dining room table. After lunch, we often wandered through a beautiful park or went down to the lake to feed the swans. My grandparents always went the extra mile to make us feel welcomed and loved.

My grandpa's nonsensical words, said in the most wonderful voice, still echo through my mind, "Pi a on y cay a bon y. Rat on a. Chat on a. Tap on a aussi." (I need to get the correct spelling from my dad).

May my grandpa rest in peace and may perpetual light shine upon him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...