Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nursing Cover

I used to sew on a regular basis, but then my favorite sewing machine got jammed and I couldn't fix it. When I learned the cost of having it fixed, I put the machine away and lamented the fact that I had used it to stitch already glued on appliques onto aprons for a friend. I learned the hard way that fabric glue and fancy sewing machines don't mix.

Photos courtesy of Patrick and Theresa

Anyway, for the past few years, Theresa has been wearing some of the dresses that I made for her older sisters. A few weeks ago, she was wearing a blue dress that I made and she asked me, "Why don't you sew anymore?" I replied, "I sew All Saints costumes when you children need them, but I don't like sewing on the old machine." The conversation ended until I commented that I really wanted a nursing cover. Theresa immediately said, "Why don't you make one?" I told her that a friend was making one for me and she quipped, "Well having two would be nice because then when one is in the wash, you still have another one." I knew that I couldn't win, so I temporarily put aside my book and looked online for instructions on how to make a nursing cover. I stumbled upon this well-explained tutorial. A couple of days later, I was happy to have a nursing cover. More importantly, Kieran nurses better without a blanket resting on his head.


If you have a baby and want a nursing cover, please don't hesitate to let me know. I think that the sewing bug may have hit me again.
needle and thREAD

Next up, Theresa and I will be making a dress for a doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...