Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Safe at Home

Catherine and Bernadette arrived home safely on the 19th. They were well taken care of by all of my family during their stay in and around Switzerland. Both girls thoroughly enjoyed their vacation. Catherine is still talking about returning in nine years and Bernadette often says, "Next time, I go to Switzerland..." Both girls have expressed a desire to live there.

Prior to returning home, Catherine and Bernadette were blessed to spend a day with a friend of my brother and sister-in-law (an e-friend of mine who I have not been good about emailing). Isabel homeschools her three children and invited Catherine and Bernadette to join them on the seventeenth. The girls enjoyed learning French from Isabel and getting to know her children better.

Since being home, Catherine and Bernadette have been adjusting to the time change. Actually, Bernadette adjusted immediately. Catherine has had a slightly harder time. The first night, she woke up at 2:00 AM and proceeded to wake Theresa. The girls played together in their room, until I told them to go back to bed. The second night, Catherine woke up at 3:00 AM and proceeded to wake Brendan up. The third night, Catherine woke up at 3:00 AM and woke all of her siblings up...I told them to get back in bed and stay there until I said it was time to get up. Being pregnant and anemic are making me need my sleep! Last night, was the first night that Catherine actually slept until a reasonable hour. I hope that she does the same tonight.

I am so thankful to have my daughters home again. Our family did not seem complete without them.

I hope that the girls eventually write about some of their experiences. I also hope to eventually share photos of St. John Vianney's body and his house. I know that Alice and Alicia will most likely appreciate seeing them.

Thank you to my family for taking such good care of Catherine and Bernadette. Thank you, God, for bringing them safely home.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear they're safely home. Looking forward to hearing more about St. John Vianney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joy it is to have them home!

    Yes, I can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:31 PM

    I so pleased they had a great journey, cannot wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...