Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Saturday, April 29, 2006

A Common Occurrence


Theresa is watching her brother.

Catherine is working diligently.

Patrick has three of his siblings for an audience.

The children continue to watch Patrick.

Patrick is my child who keeps me on my toes. He keeps his siblings watching in awe. If he pours Raisin Bran on the floor, so he can eat the raisins, his sisters and brother watch him. If he pours juice all down the hallway, his sisters and brother watch him. If he pours shampoo on my bedroom carpet, his sisters and brother watch him. If he jumps off a table, his sisters and brother watch him. If he draws on the wall, his sisters and brother watch him. If he pulls everything out of a closet, his sisters and brother watch him. No matter what he does, Patrick's sisters and brother watch him. After Patrick has made a mess, hurt himself, drawn on the wall, or pulled everything out of a closet, then his sisters and brother come and tell me what he has done.

I have to admit that my husband and I often find ourselves watching Patrick. Not when he is being naughty, but when he is figuring out how to do something he has seen one of us do. He is a very intelligent, active, little boy and I thank God for Patrick and his siblings every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...