Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Take Your Children to Work Day

Today was take your children to work day. In our house this is also known as the little ones who stay home get spoiled day. While my three oldest were seeing what Daddy does, visiting the animal shelter, going to the conservatory and sitting on replicas of camels from the Ming Dynasty, I was spoiling Theresa.

First, we went to the pet store. Upon entering, I knew I had to leave as soon as possible. The animal smells made my nausea reach an all time high. We made a bee line for the fish section and finally found the bettas (a Siamese fighting fish). Theresa chose the liveliest red and blue fish she could find. Next she picked out pink gravel and a piece of pink and purple coral. We paid for the fish and other items and I thankfully left the store. Our next stop was right next door, Barnes and Noble. Here, I picked up Sir Cumference and the First Round Table: A Math Adventure. We got back in the van and I realized that I had forgotten to get fish food. I debated going back into the store, but I decided I could not torture myself like that again. We headed to Wendys for lunch, instead. After Wendys, we went home.

When her siblings arrived home, Theresa told them about her fish. They asked her what animals she had seen at the pet store. She responded, "They only had fish there." Actually, the pet store has birds, rodents, rabbits and reptiles, but I felt too awful to show her any of them.

Thank you God for blessing all of us with a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...